Step 3: Total Consecration
We now invite you to embark on the powerful path of Consecration taken by Pope John Paul II, Mother Teresa and many great saints! You will start by forging a habit of prayer and learning the “Secret of Mary.” Then, you’ll do the 40-Day preparation for Total Consecration to Jesus through His Holy Mother Mary in union with St Joseph. Along the way, you will be given suggestions on how to lead your family into this deepening relationship with the Holy Family & the Holy Trinity.
Why This Step?
A) Defeat Satan
B) Most effective results
--St Louis DeMontfort
How to do this step?
(1) Continue to
Ongoing Daily Practices:
- Pray the daily Rosary -use the Apostolate's rosary resources to aid your family prayer
- Take up the daily protection of the Brown Scapular & Miraculous Medal
- Go to Confession at least monthly, every two weeks is better!
(2) Deepen your Prayer Life
Prayer Booklet & Video
If you found out that someone was going to break into your home and hurt your family, wouldn’t you call for help and prepare yourself to defend them? Well, it’s actually true! Someone is prowling around looking for any opportunity to enter your family and do mortal harm! That someone is the Devil. To repel him, call upon God each day through prayer.
How do I pray?
(3) Next, Learn the Secret: Mary!
Fascinating Booklet & Video about Mary
(4) Begin 40 Days Preparation
Powerful Videos & Daily Readings
You will now start the “Preparation for Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary for Families”. Your scheduled prayer time, spiritual practices and family insight sharing have prepared you to take this powerful step in your faith journey.
What does "Consecration" mean? See video for Fr Kevin Barrett's explanation.
(5) Encourage even more: our priests, bishops and others!
1. By Registering your Total Consecration to the Holy Family, you give hope that the whole church is being deeply strengthened.
Why? John Paul II tells us:
“Every soul that rises above itself, raises the world!”